2022 has no doubt been one of the toughest years in the history of the NHS. Not only does the elective backlog remain urgently high but patient flow remains unresolved and the workforce crisis is growing. Staff haven’t had any let up this year, and with the twin threats of flu and COVID, this winter looks to be particularly difficult for many across the health service.
But in the face of all these challenges, NHS workers have continued to do a remarkable job - one that inspires our team at Accurx each and every day. We said it last year, and we’ll keep saying it - we’re extremely grateful to our health service for their commitment and the care they provide to patients in the face of so many challenges.
2022 at Accurx
At Accurx, we believe some of the fundamental challenges that the health system faces are rooted in broken communication. With so many services and silos across the NHS, we're humbled to be a trusted partner supporting integrated and better connected care. In this post, we share some highlights on how we’ve supported and served the healthcare system through 2022.
In Primary care…
- Over 13 million Self-Book links were shared, saving practices time and improving access to care for patients.
- Over 1 million Covid-19 and flu vaccinations were booked with Accurx’s Booking Module, helping staff reduce telephone queues and provide easier access to care for their patients.
- Over 1 million Accumails were sent, helping to connect healthcare professionals across the NHS to deliver better, integrated patient care.
- Over 400,000 online consultation requests were completed via Accurx Patient Triage - our single platform to manage incoming patient demand.
In Secondary care…
- We've been helping to reduce waiting lists and DNA rates. Accurx SMS two-way messaging, Patient-Initiated Follow-Up (PIFU), video appointments and appointment reminders have helped save admin staff across the NHS over 5 million hours making unnecessary phone calls, and halve DNA rates.
- We launched our Patient-Initiated Follow-Up (PIFU) solution. Our digital approach to PIFU goes beyond patient-led booking, helping care teams manage follow-up requests quickly and collaboratively in just a few steps.
- We helped a large acute NHS teaching hospital cut its waiting list by 10% across ~20 services using simple SMS messaging to patients via Accurx.
So what does 2023 look like for Accurx?
We’re building a communication platform to seamlessly connect everyone involved in a patient’s care because we know that communication is fundamental to valuable and personalised care. This year we refreshed our strategy, because our key challenges have evolved. We’re focusing on targeting the biggest unsolved problems next year to better support primary and secondary care, and strengthen our value with integrated care services.
And we absolutely couldn’t do any of this without the support of our users and everyone working in healthcare. The valuable feedback, ideas and experiences shared help us to iterate, build and research on products that better support healthcare teams. As always - a massive thank you from the entire Accurx team. We’re so excited for what 2023 will bring.